The AWARE – Coral Reef Conservation Specialty course teaches not only divers but also snorkellers and non divers alike about the vital role that coral reefs fill in the marine environment. The course also discusses the current state of the world’s coral reefs and how we can all help to preserve this wonderful gift of nature. There are no dives or age limits. Divers and non divers will enjoy learning about the aquatic environment.
The course includes:
- An introduction to the Project AWARE Foundation
- The importance of coral reefs to marine ecosystems and coastal areas
- Coral reef biology, association and competition
- The status of coral reefs around the world
- How participants can help, including responsible diving and snorkelling practices
Certification counts towards PADI Master Scuba Diver rating